Making Words Move Institute
Workshops, Residencies, and Performances for SCHOOLS AND ADULTS
"To get people of all ages excited to write and perform poetry!"
The Making Words Move Institute is designed to give elementary, middle, high school, college students, and adults the ability to express themselves positively through writing poetry. Making Words Move provide freedom in expression, and to present a catchy, exciting, and teachable platform for potential writers.
mOody bLaCk (a certified Smart Arts Teaching Artist) has found an effective combination in writing poetry and infusing Hip-Hop in the midst of mentoring students through the Making Words Move Institute. This program is essential and therapeutic for youth. Moody Black performs personal testimonies in his poems that relates to audiences of all ages. Moody Black uses writing prompts and games to draw in participants for his workshops. Teachers have shared stories of having teens encouraged to write during his time as a Smart Arts Teaching Artist through the Metropolitan Arts Council of Greenville, SC..
mOody bLaCk transforms lives. In his passionate performances, creative writing residencies, and workshops: mOody provides what each listener, student and teacher needs- a gentle push in the right direction, an excellent dose of writing technique and the belief that they are writers. He is always happy to custom design a residency or workshop to fit perfectly with your curriculum.
mOody bLaCk offers:
- Assembly style, classroom, or virtual poetry performance
- Virtual or physical residency programs or One on One Workshops
- "The Best Part of Me" poems for participants to examine and write a poem on what they think is the best part of themselves
- Workshops: "Making Metaphors Fun," "Imagery/Awaking the 5 Senses"
- How to orchestrate a poetry slam
- Haiku Poetry Slam
- a comfortable setting and workshops for adults
- Workshops tailor made to fit your poetic needs.
Prices vary depending upon travel, lodging, and duration.